Eligibility: You must be enrolled in a Bachelor or Master program. Students enrolled in PhD programs are not eligible. At the time of application, you should have successfully completed at least your second Bachelor year in any field of engineering, science and technology. Please refer to the faq in case you have questions.
Selection Criteria: Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the following criteria:
- You are among the top 10% of your class with a high GPA
- You plan to pursue PhD studies. Previous laboratory experience is a plus
- Your application package should convince the selection committee of your excellence and passion for science. Your statement of purpose reflects your ambition, career goals, and explains your choice of host laboratories.
The outcome of the selection process will be communicated to each applicant by email around mid-March 2024.
NOTE: The following institutions from North America and Singapore have a specific partnership with the EPFL, thus, their students are eligible to join EPFL for an internship only via the Excellence Research Internship Program:
– USA: Carnegie Mellon University; Johns Hopkins University; University of California, San Diego; University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
– Canada: McGill, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, University of British Columbia.
– Singapore: Nanyang Technological University.
If you come from any of these universities please apply to the Excellence Research Internship Program.